DAILY DIVINE WORD
Friday, 11th September 2026
THE FRIENDS OF GOD
Text: John 15:14–15
[14] Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
[15] Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
There is this common saying that says, "Show me your friends, and I'll know who you are." When people move together and become friends, before long, they will end up with the same attributes and character.
I've seen many people admiring a lifestyle and struggling to live it, but if they can only become friends with someone with the lifestyle, they too will pick it up.
IT'S POSSIBLE TO BE FRIENDS WITH GOD
It's possible to be friends with God. It's not just being a child of God; you can also be a friend of God.
Jesus categorically stated that those who obey His words are His friends, and again that, as a friend, He can't hide anything from them, so everything He hears from the Father will be made known to them.
That's the reason God had to reveal the secret of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah to Abraham, simply because he was God's friend.
THE ADVANTAGE OF FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD
God's friends are the first to hear about God's plan; they carry the same thought of God. They are so close to God that God would allow them to hear His heartbeat.
Many people have struggled to live a Holy life; why struggle? When all you've got to do is just become God's friend, how?
Just do what He says.
It's that simple, really.
Friendship with God puts you ahead of the enemy; you are exposed to first-class information, and you become the representative of God.
Are you God's friend?
REFLECTION
If you're not God's friend, the devil will make you his friend.
PRAYER
Father, please help me to follow and do Your words in Jesus' Name.
RELATED READINGS
Friendship: Building Godly Friendship 2
Kindly share and drop a comment to bless others

1 Comments
Amen. Thank you Sir 🙏
ReplyDelete