DAILY DIVINE WORD
Thursday, 27th August 2026
SEEKING GOD'S FACE FOR A CHOICE PARTNER
Text: Genesis 24:11–14
11 And he made his camels to kneel without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
12 And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
13 Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:
14 And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.
Oftentimes, many singles have asked if God still chooses for people whom to marry, or if God is actually involved in who gets married to whom. I've also seen teachings that God is no longer interested in finding choice partners for people since Adam blamed the wife He gave him. It became imperative to state clearly that God still leads men on the issue of marriage.
Another serious question I have heard is that God's will in marriage is often difficult to accept or may not be attractive, and that many would only submit to it simply because it's the will of God.
I've seen throughout the Scriptures that when God leads men in all areas of life and especially in marriage, it's always the best, attractive, and beautiful.
Ecclesiastes 3:11A says:
"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time."
How Do We Seek God's Face for a Choice Partner?
How do we then seek God's face in finding a choice partner?
1. Trust God to Lead You
First, it must be noted from the Scripture above that for everyone willing to walk in the will of God for his life, including marriage, God is always ready to walk him into His will and also the manifestation.
2. Believe That God Has Prepared the Right Person
Secondly, while Abraham's servant was praying, you will notice something profound in his words towards the end of the prayer; he said:
"Let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac."
Notice the word "appointed."
That means he knew that whatever attributes he finds, let it be the one God has prepared for Isaac.
The knowledge that God has prepared someone for Isaac shows the same intentions He gave Adam about help meet.
3. Pray and Seek God's Face
Thirdly, He prayed!
He sought God's face about whom God had appointed for his master's son. He wasn't looking at beauty or trying to calculate based on his knowledge, but he was a hundred per cent relying on God.
4. Pray, Wait and Watch
Finally, you'd see that after he prayed, he then waited.
It is one thing to pray; it's another thing to wait until God does it.
But while he waited, he was watching; he didn't leave but waited and watched.
That is a beautiful lesson there, and you must pray that God will bless you with the heart that watches and waits as you trust God for this serious part of your life.
PRAYER
Every form of delay in your marital life is hereby destroyed in the name of Jesus.
REFLECTION
Are you willing to seek God's face, wait, and watch as you trust Him for your choice partner?
RELATED READINGS
Kindly share and drop a comment to help someone that God might use this to bless.

3 Comments
Amen
ReplyDeleteAmen, thank you sir
ReplyDeleteThank you 🙏
Delete